Friday, April 18, 2014

A New Friendship

I've decided to begin a new friendship with the computer...today!  Many many years ago I made up my mind that the computer was not conducive to my intuitive process.  Sure, I would play around with a computer program, go with the flow of it and then intuitively try something only to be blocked by the ruling of following several more steps. This frustration continues on in my mind, "Why won't it work this way, it seems so simple?"
Though today...I choose another path and it is an exciting one!  I have a bunch of art that I was preparing to post.  I thought, this will be easy...take some photos and post them.  Well, a few of the photos didn't turn out so well and I thought to clean them up on the computer.  I found a great tutorial to whiten up a grayish background...
The above drawing of Panda is the original photograph and following is the one that was whitened...
After I did the steps to whiten the ink drawing, I felt like a little kid...all giddy...full of excitement...after learning something new!  With the excitement, I thought to continue with some pencil drawings.  The whitening technique didn't work so well, because as you see in the above drawing, the subtle gray pencil begins to disappear.  So, back to the drawing board!!

No comments:

Post a Comment