A collection of images of our beautiful city taken throughout the year.
Saturday, November 11, 2017
Monday, November 6, 2017
It all began with a quart of paint, a piece of furniture and a broken range. My creative process uses a lot of serendipity and time for ideas to swirl and mingle in my mind until fruition. When some paint that said one coat, no prime and didn't smell horribly worked perfect for a piece of furniture, the idea to paint the cupboards was implanted in my mind. It may have been almost a year later before I decided to paint the cabinets. And yes, the broken dishwasher too.
New hinges were in order and they didn't fit perfectly. Drilling new holes wasn't the problem, but the pair of doors that just wouldn't fit back in place. A year or so ago I bought a piece of fabric in which I thought I'd use one day and it matched beautifully.
I have other ideas for the top portion of the cupboards involving some demolishing. While waiting to accomplish this they were also painted using a bright yellow to bring in more space and light. If we grow to like it, maybe the other ideas will sit on the back burner for much longer!
I really didn't want to spend a lot of money on hardware and knowing me, I usually gravitate to the most expensive. It just so happened that some driftwood (from a special place) was in the kitchen waiting to be put away from a different project and it clicked that the driftwood may be a good option. With a little trial and error, I figured out how to attach them securely.
Again, I often buy things on sale that I think will be of use later and sure enough this bear was coupled with the driftwood. A little more work needs to be done with these handles and the ideas will come to me,
one day.....no hurry!