Thursday, January 26, 2017

Paper Heart


I was searching for a simple craft to make for my daughter's birthday party a week ago and found a tutorial on how to make paper bag snowflakes.  I was amazed about how quickly it was assembled with simple supplies, paper bags, scissors and hot glue. My daughter made two and I longed to try it too.

Since Valentine's is around the corner, I decided to create hearts instead. Maybe there was a tutorial for this too, but I was inspired to figure it out myself. I tried two different approaches. One was to cut the curves of the heart (pictured: bottom heart) before all the steps and the other was to trim the circular shape afterwards to create the heart shape (pictured: top heart). I enjoyed both processes and thought giving the round shape a trim was the most fun! Maybe I'll perfect the technique some more!



No comments:

Post a Comment