Monday, May 16, 2016

Italian Futurism






While reading about another artist, Italian Futurism was mentioned. I was so intrigued to learn more about it, I reserved a few books from the library that very moment. Paging thorough the glossy illustrative pages of the book, I was drawn to the artist, Giacomo Balla. He didn't have many years training in art and was influenced by different art genres, especially post impressionism and cubism. He did his own thing using light and movement rather than following the violence of his contemporaries. I was inspired immediately. 


 For this Art Experience, we created our own artwork using shapes and colors that pleased each artist. With the passion of this process moving through us, my daughter and I spent another week working on several other pieces.




 A rabbit was found among the shapes!



Moving on to a more graphic design feel just as Giacomo Balla had done too.




The following pieces were created by my daughter!


















No comments:

Post a Comment