Monday, November 3, 2014

Zentangle in Color



The first Art Experience began with the idea of doing portraits... I stumbled upon a couple of artists Linda Lovenstein and Ana Strumpf. Both are redesigning fashion magazine pictures with a zentangle, colorful feel.  It reminded me of a pen and ink artwork I did when I was 8 years old, filling in spaces with lines and shapes. These artists brought it a step further by using color, which I love!

Using chalk markers, I began filling in the spaces. It's the relaxing movement of the color gliding across the glossy print that brings joy and serenity to the moment. One that I would continue to do without stopping for hours on end reminding me of the times I spent as a child drawing and doodling.

After a couple portraits, I wanted to use other images. I found some black and white pictures and then moved onto animals. Now I want to experiment with my own photos! Yea! The experience never ends!


 


These are my daughter's creations!






My son saw how much fun we were having and decided to make some of his own!



Take a peek at the work from the artists mentioned, here:
http://www.saatchiart.com/account/artworks/482055
http://www.anastrumpf.com.br/en/index.php/trabalho/categoria/35

No comments:

Post a Comment